You can make this as mild or as spicy as you like by switching up the salsa you use!
10 servings / Prep 20 min / Cook 10 min
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and mashed
- 1 tomato, chopped (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or ½ tsp garlic powder)
- ½ cup (120 ml) fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup (80ml) tomato salsa (mild, medium or hot)
- 2 Tbsp (30g) chopped green onion (optional)
- 2 tsp (10ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5ml) ground cumin (or to taste)
- 1 tsp (5ml) chili powder (or to taste)
- 8 to 10 10-inch (25 cm) multigrain or whole wheat tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
- In a large bowl, combine avocados, tomato (if using), garlic, yogurt, salsa, green onion (if using), lemon juice, cumin and chili powder.
- In batches, place tortillas directly on the middle rack of preheated oven and toast, turning once, for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and starting to crisp (check periodically to make sure they are not getting too brown). Let cool on a wire rack, then break into dipping-size pieces.
- Serve guacamole in a dish, surrounded by toasted tortilla chips.
Find more healthy recipes on Cookspiration.